How is CUET (UG) going to be helpful to students?Team Altis Vortex
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test which is going to be conducted every year by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a computerized entrance examination for admission to 45 central universities of India, and some other universities and institutions too, including Jamia Milia, TISS, etc. Students aiming to study undergraduate programs in central universities have to appear in the CUET exam which is mandatory. A student’s board marks will play less role in determining his/her admission to a college or for any course, Only based on the CUET marks a student can take admission. It is important to discuss how is CUET going to be helpful to students?
For many years, Students and we all are witnessing the trend of skyrocketing cut-offs at several central universities, including Delhi University for admissions to undergraduate courses. According to the experts, this is because CBSE, CISCE, and the different state boards in India all have different evaluation patterns, which makes it unfair for students applying to central universities with a wide diversity in evaluation patterns.
That’s why, the University Grants Commission (UGC) announced the introduction of the Central University Entrance Test (CUET), which is now mandatory for undergraduate admission at any of the 45 central universities in the country.
How it will helpful for Undergraduate Students?
The Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG) – 2022 will be helpful to a student in the following ways:-
- In the past, students used to be under stress to secure more than 95% marks in Class XII Board Examination so as to get admission to the University of their choice. but now because of CUET the stress on them for securing very high marks in the one and only Board Examination stands reduced.
- Marks given by different Boards vary widely on account of the typology of questions and the scoring pattern. These things will now get standardized under CUET (UG) – 2022.
- The question paper pattern in CUET (UG) – 2022 will be objective type comprising Multiple Choice Questions and hence evaluation will be objective.
- CUET (UG) – 2022 will be held in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where result processing will be done through technology with no human intervention.
- CUET (UG) – 2022 will be based on the Class XII syllabus and hence candidates of Class XII need not prepare for it separately.
- In CUET (UG) – 2022, students have a wide range of options-i.e. 27 subjects, 33 Languages, and General Test to choose from. They can select the Subject/Language/General Test of their choice, as per the requirements of the University where admission is sought. They can also choose any of the 13 languages specified therein as the medium of their tests.
Conclusion at Last
Students used to be under stress and got depressed sometimes securing more than 95% marks in Class XII Board Examination, and then also didn’t get admission to the University of their choice. But now, because of CUET that stress will reduce & on the basis of CET -UG marks candidates easily get admission to their dream University.