How to study NCERT for NEET?Team Altis Vortex
Medical aspirants must be pondering over the thought ‘Why NCERT books are important and how to study NCERT for NEET Everyone advises them, Go through only NCERT. The reason why NCERT Books are important, they are written in lucid and simple language which is easy to understand for every student. According to NEET Top Rankers, NCERT books are considered as Bible for NEET examination. To them, candidates must practice all that is given in the NCERT thoroughly, only then they should move to other books.
NCERT is playing an important role not only in Biology but also in Physics & Chemistry also. It helps in making a stronger conceptual base. Here are some tips to read NCERT for NEET:-
- Start from the basics. Thoroughly read your NCERTs Textbooks multiple times and highlight important points & prepare notes for revision.
- Every time you read it, you will find something new which would help you in clearing the concepts.
- By reading NCERT, I mean all the texts, diagrams, captions, summary, points to ponder, tables.
- Do all the in-text, solved, and exercise questions.
- Do the NCERT exemplar of the same. Both subjective and objective questions. Also read the NCERT lab manual.
Each subject has a different way to study. Let’s learn about subject-wise tips to read NCERT. Let’s start with chemistry:-
- Organic, Inorganic, and Physical Chemistry. All of them require separate approaches.
- Inorganic Chemistry strategy is majorly the same as Biology.
- In Physical Chemistry, read a chapter from NCERT, Go thorough to prepared notes every day. Solve questions to see how strong your concepts are becoming.
- Organic chemistry requires deep understanding and extra reading. Read NCERT carefully first. Understand the mechanism and exceptions. Some are named reactions. Practice them all.
- Practice lots of questions with quality reference books and try to understand the concepts.
Some Tips to read NCERT Physics:–
- For Physics, conceptual clarity is the key. Only remembering formulas will not do and should know how to derive the formulas.
- There are formulas that need to be remembered as their derivations are too long or not for our level. But don’t try to mug it up.
- Some students didn’t go through the NCERT Physics textbook. But, It will give you a basic sense of the chapter.
- Go through all the notes, understand the basic concepts and formulas. Maintain a register for formulas. Revise them regularly.
- Solve lots of questions on regular basis. Start from easy questions then go higher up. Points to ponder in NCERT are very important.
Some Tips to read NCERT Biology:-
- For Biology, NCERT is Everything, and it’s true. Must go through it multiple times and don’t forget to prepare notes doing NCERT questions correctly is the most important thing.
- Underline important lines & Highlight the important points. Don’t neglect to practice each & every diagram. Take help flow charts & tables to memorize the scientific names. Revise your notes on daily basis.
- For objective practicing objective type questions, you can take help from ‘Objective NCERT Gear Up’. Keep revising biology from time to time.
- Some chapters require a very deep understanding. Like Morphology, Anatomy, Biodiversity requires memorization, do that regularly.
The conclusion at Last:- If you are aiming for a 600+ score in NEET 2022 then first go through to the NCERT books multiple times as everything asked from NCERT. Once your concepts get clear then only you should look out for other reference books. NCERT is like a ‘God’ for NEET aspirants. Try to understand each & every chapter, don’t try to memorize them.