Top 10 Doubts of CUET – UG AspirantsTeam Altis Vortex
CUET- UG exam is the common exam that is being conducted for admission to all central universities starting this year. Therefore, all B.Sc, BA, BCom, BBA, BMS, B.Voc, etc undergraduate degrees from all the central universities would be under the umbrella of the CUET exam 2022. The CUET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode.
It’s been more than a month since NTA announced CUET – UG Entrance test for Undergraduate students. Until now, there have been so many changes done to the exam information, which brings too much confusion about the CUET- UG exam in the student’s mind.
While filling out the application form CUET aspirants faced an ample amount of problems and a number of doubts came to their minds. The two major doubts that CUET-UG aspirants faced are:-
- Which slot should I choose for my exam, Should I choose Slot I or Slot II or both the Slots?
- Which and how many domain subjects should I choose?
Not only these but there are also other minor and significant doubts that CUET aspirant’s faced and still facing. We will be going to discuss 10 doubts CUET UG aspirants are faced and still facing.
Doubt 1:- How will students prepare for both CUET (UG) – 2022 and the Board Examinations?
Answer:- The syllabus for the domain tests of CUET (UG) – 2022 is based on Class XII so that aspirants will not face any kind of pressure to prepare for both the exams. But, the aspirants required some effort to clear and do well in the Board exams and CUET (UG) – 2022 entrance test. This will help candidates to strengthen their learning power.
Doubt 2:- What will be the level of questions in the CUET (UG) – 2022 entrance exam?
Answer:- The level of the questions can be Hard, Medium, or Easy. Everything depends upon NTA because this paper is new for everyone. So, the questions in various testing areas will be benchmarked at the level of Class XII only. Students have to study well their 12th class syllabus.
Doubt 3:- How many attempts a student can give for the CUET (UG) – 2022 entrance exam?
Answer:-. CUET (UG) – 2022 entrance test is meant for admission to UG courses of Central Universities for the academic year 2022-23. It is scheduled to be held only once in July 2022.
Doubt 4:- What is the maximum number of tests that a CUET UG aspirant can choose?
Answer:- The maximum number of tests to be taken remains 9 only i.e. 2 Languages+6 Domain-Specific Subjects+1 General Test OR 3 Languages+5 Domain-Specific Subjects+1 General Test. But, this isn’t a rigid criterion, it’s flexible. The flexibility is provided to help a candidate apply to many Universities depending on the eligibility criteria of that particular university.
Doubt 5:- What are the timings of the shifts in which the CUET exam will go to take place?
Answer:- Exam will be held in multiple shifts on several days as follows: Morning Shift: 9.00 am to 12.15 pm Afternoon Shift: 03.00 pm to 06.45 pm. Don’t confuse between the slots, they are nothing but combinations of tests, scheduled during a time period.
Doubt 6:- Is it necessary that a candidate have to choose both the slots?
Answer:- Choice of the Slots depends on the tests that a candidate will choose. It depends on the requirements for the desired course in the desired University. A.
- If a candidate chooses – 1 language + 2 domain subjects + General Test. For this, you have to choose slot 1.
- If a candidate chooses – 2 languages + 4 or 5 domain subjects. For this, you have to choose slot 2.
- If a candidate chooses – 2 languages + 3, 4 or 5 domain subjects + General Test. For this, you have to choose both slots.
Note:- General Test is available in slot 1. General Test is compulsory for B.A. (Programme), B.A. (Honours), BBA, BBE, BMS, and Vocational courses.
Doubt 7:- If a student appeared in the Class XII exam in 2022 and his/her results are still awaited. Can that student apply for CUET (UG)- 2022?
Answer:- Yes, a candidate can apply if his/her results are awaited. However, a candidate will be required to submit the relevant documents qualified in the Class XII exam, within the time frame that may be specified in the Prospectus of the University where admission will be sought. Hence, Candidates are advised to visit the website/s of the desired University and check the relevant dates and act accordingly.
Doubt 8. How many Universities can be chosen by the candidate at the time of registration?
Answer:- Candidates can select multiple Universities at the time of applying. However, the maximum number of tests to be taken remains 9 only i.e. 2 Languages+6 Domain-Specific Subjects+1 General Test OR 3 Languages+5 Domain-Specific Subjects+1 General Test.
Doubt 9:- What are the documents a candidate needs to carry to the examination centre on the day of the CUET UG exam? What are the things which are prohibited to bring at the CUET exam centre?
Answer:– A candidate must bring the following documents on the day of examination to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card along with Undertaking downloaded from the NTA website (a clear printable on A4 size paper)
- Any one of the original and valid Photo Identification Proof issued by the government – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ E-Aadhaar/ Ration Card./ Aadhaar Enrolment No. with Photo. All other ID/Photocopies of IDs even if attested/scanned photo of IDs in mobile phone will NOT be considered as valid ID Proof.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming relaxation under the PwD category.
- You must also carry an Undertaking regarding educational qualification, etc, passport size photograph, valid government identity proof, and self-declaration regarding COVID-19 (as per the above format).
You also need to carry the following:
- One sanitiser bottle (small)
- Mask and/or gloves
- Drinking water in a transparent bottle
- A simple transparent pen
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) for pasting on the specific space in the Attendance Sheet at the Centre during the examination
Things you shouldn’t bring to the examination centre:-
You will not be allowed to take personal items such as mobile phones, digital/analogue watches, food items, study material, lockets, bags, electronic gadgets, or any other prohibited items into the testing room.
Doubt 10:- Should a candidate carry a paper to the CUET UG exam hall for doing some Rough Work?
Answer:- No, any of the candidates shouldn’t have to carry any kind of paper or a sheet. The rough sheet for work/calculations will be provided to the candidates at the exam centre and all calculations/rough work is to be done in the blank sheets only. Candidates are required to write their Roll Number and name on the rough sheets, as soon as the exam commences on completion of the test, candidates must drop these rough sheets along with Admit card and Undertaking in the designated box, as instructed by the invigilator on duty.
Conclusion At Last
CUET- UG exam is new for everyone. The rules and regulations of the CUET exam are still flexible, rules can be changed. Whenever any change will happen, doubts will come up again.
So, to all CUET UG aspirants just relax and prepare very well. Fill out the application form carefully and correctly.
All the Best!